Colloidal Gold [Purp]

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Colloidal Gold [Purp]

The forum belonging to Collodial Gold, a Guild Wars guild.

5 posters

Purple Event

Sage
    Admin
    Admin

Purple Event Empty Purple Event

Post  Sage Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:49 am

Okay guys, we have all been talking about this, so lets get something written down about it shall we?

Right Exclamation

I want to know the following-

Where do we want it to take place?
    When do we want to host it?
    What do we want to celebrate it? (remember; if its something purely about purple, it may not attract many people, so we will need to express something else aswell!)
    What events?

Also, I want to know what prizes we will be given, and we will need to sort out jobs for people, such as advertising, getting in contact with Blade Radio perhaps?

Get thinking everyone, if I'm hosting this event for [Purp] and the Community, I need your help!
    Shin
    Defender Of Kryta
    Defender Of Kryta

Purple Event Empty Re: Purple Event

Post  Shin Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:59 am

well as for where we are going to hold it, it needs to be some where PURPLE Very Happy - maybe a DoA outpost? or Glints mission outpost.
    gabe
    Rurik's Devotee
    Rurik's Devotee

Post  gabe Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:33 am

Well.... I know sometimes we have in guild 1 on 1 or 4 v 4 tourny's...... Sometimes we have them in the alliance.... Now however. Via blade radio we have access to a nice percentage of the GW community.

I was thinking we could do just a tourny and put a few shout outs to loads of other guilds and such.... Just my thoughts though... I don't really think it fits in with what you'd all wanna do though =P
    Feniks
    Shining Blade Scout
    Shining Blade Scout

Post  Feniks Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:18 pm

wouldn't even start to think about this.
    I you guys wanna do this, then you at least need loads of money sweets and alcohol.
    Imo, thats not what we all have atm (apart from me maybe? Razz).
    Also, you will need cool items, people to stay online constantly basically, more popularity and well known-ness and more people overall.

If I were you Sage, I wouldnt even try this in a LONG time, since we're all new and all (kinda).
    Tournies would well suck imo, cause you would lose way too much money over nothing.
    Rather give more prizes in pve (who are the only ones listening to bladeradio kinda Razz).

As a place, glints mission outpost is a cool place, since it has to be purple and all.
    As a time, I said LONG LONG away, better start making some more money, and in october, I recon the oktober fest of lazy is coming up.
    As to what we should celebrate, something purplish imo, since we're purple. Or something to do with gold (colloidal gold), for instance, the day gold was discovered Razz

What events: (dont think about it yet, its too soon for this)

question asking
    bringing random items to us
    screenshot contest on our forums @ the same time?
    costume contest

you know, the random kind of contests

BUT DONT THINK ABOUT THIS YET is my main point
    Sage
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Sage Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:57 pm

I personally think we decide when we are ready or not. And this is what I am saying.. If enough of you want to do this, the i WILL make a timetable, and make sure that EVERYONE contributes towards funding, atleast all of those possible.

I wasn't think of tournaments, but that is something we can damn well look into, but perhaps as an alliance based concept^^

I was thinking of perhaps holding competitions, random giveaways and other such festivities. Costume contests, Quizes, Simon says related themes, but yeah, it wont take an overly large amount of time if there are perhaps 10 of us contributing towards this, and as nearly ALL other festivals, you will be surprised at how mant people are willing to contribute towards the event!

It would have to be a PvE event, as the majority of Blade Radio listeners are PvE'ers. As for Destination, Dragons Lair sounds like an excellent place to host this, its accessable, and is part of the main storyline.

BUT DONT THINK ABOUT THIS YET is my main point
    I never said we were doing this Very Happy But perhaps getting the Cogs turning is a good start to motivate the group!

Keep thinking everyone:)
    Dru
    Maguuma Scout
    Maguuma Scout

Post  Dru Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:17 am

I'm gonna have to agree with everything Feniks said. We aren't in a fit state to start anything like this, yet, as Sage said, thinking about it doesn't harm anyone, and it helps to motivate.

Personally, I did some research on the colour purple, and among the things it represents are Nobility and Imperial lines. I continued the research and discovered that our very own Emperor wears purple, which took me to the lines of An Imperial Recruitment Day, or something.

• Costume Competitions
    • Action competitions, e.g /bow /kneel
    • Collection Competitions, e.g show me xxx Mursaat tokens
    • BladeRadio, giebaways etc.
    • Party, e.g why am I explaining confused

I like Gabs tournament Idea, but that would take a HELL of a lot of planning :/

Keep thinking guys Smile
    Feniks
    Shining Blade Scout
    Shining Blade Scout

Post  Feniks Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 11:20 pm